Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cyprus Day Two

Day Two
David arrives tonight, and I’m excited to see him. I know he will find the experience here remarkable and look forward to sharing it with him. As I write this, I think he is in Bucharest between planes. The journey is long, and I know he will be tired tonight and needing rest before the intensive experience he will have as this symposium continues tomorrow.
This day begins with a bus ride to Nicosia and the first session on the Green Line in the Home for Cooperation, a center to promote peace and a solution to the Cyprus problem. We are now right at the place where Marilyn and I conducted our Cyprus Project in 2004. Memories abound! At the Green Line there is barbed wire between the Turkish Cypriot and Greek Cypriot sides – sobering evidence of the intractable situation here.

1 comment: